Re: heat ,light and chickens

  • chcoa
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 4, 2006
      They both be true. Light is the absense of darkness and darkness is
      the absense of light.

      But can you truely have darkness, I mean absolute darkness???? Maybe
      a black hole but I don't think our current science knows enough about
      these to use this example as any kind of evidence one way or the other.

      As far as the chicken/egg the chicken came first. I'm refering to the
      biblical account of how the animals were created and set apon the
      earth. For non-believers I guess it's still a mystery. :)

      jamie in az

      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 5, 2006
        chcoa <jdeben@...> wrote: ...As far as the chicken/egg the chicken came first. I'm refering to the
        biblical account of how the animals were created and set apon the
        earth. For non-believers I guess it's still a mystery. :)

        jamie in az

        . *** yep... that`s what i belive too jamie :~)
        and as for turning your lights off in a cave... been there. that`s about as total dark as i can imagin. i bet i could sleep & sleep in a cave... if there was a way to hang my hammock w/o damaging the cave walls.
        but you may have to hang a tarp just to keep from getting driped on. ...tim

        tim garner

        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 5, 2006
          There is no spoon...

          > chcoa <jdeben@...> wrote: ...As far as the chicken/egg the
          > chicken came first. I'm refering to the
          >
          > biblical account of how the animals were created and set apon the
          > earth. For non-believers I guess it's still a mystery. :)
          >
          > jamie in az
          >
          > . *** yep... that`s what i belive too jamie :~)
          > and as for turning your lights off in a cave... been there.
          > that`s about as total dark as i can imagin. i bet i could sleep & sleep in
          > a cave... if there was a way to hang my hammock w/o damaging the cave walls.
          >
          > but you may have to hang a tarp just to keep from getting driped
          > on. ...tim

          > Camping hammock Camping food Rv camping Gsi outdoors
          > Happy camper Outdoors

          > ---------------------------------
          >

          > tim garner

        • Ray Garlington
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 5, 2006
            --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "chcoa" <jdeben@...> wrote:

            > They both be true. Light is the absense of darkness and darkness is
            > the absense of light.

            This is true in logical conversation; however, the physics of the
            matter is different. In other words, "Light" is something (photons),
            the absense of photons we call darkness. So darkness is the absense
            of light, but the absense of darkness has no real meaning. (but we
            think we know what it means!)
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 5, 2006
              i`m not following you on the spoon, ray???

              ray diaz <raydiaz8@...> wrote: There is no spoon...

              > chcoa <jdeben@...> wrote: ...As far as the chicken/egg the
              > chicken came first. I'm refering to the
              >
              > biblical account of how the animals were created and set apon the
              > earth. For non-believers I guess it's still a mystery. :)
              >
              > jamie in az
              >
              > . *** yep... that`s what i belive too jamie :~)
              > and as for turning your lights off in a cave... been there.
              > that`s about as total dark as i can imagin. i bet i could sleep & sleep in
              > a cave... if there was a way to hang my hammock w/o damaging the cave walls.
              >
              > but you may have to hang a tarp just to keep from getting driped
              > on. ...tim

              > Camping hammock Camping food Rv camping Gsi outdoors
              > Happy camper Outdoors

              > ---------------------------------
              >

              > tim garner

              tim garner

            • ray diaz
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 5, 2006
                I'm sorry Tim. I thought everyone was a Matrix buff...

                In The Matrix movie there was a boy who could bend a spoon with his mind.

                Here's the quote from the movie:
                *
                boy <http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0936894/>*: Do not try and bend the spoon.
                That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.
                *Neo <http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000206/>*: What truth?
                *boy <http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0936894/>*: There is no spoon.
                *Neo <http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000206/>*: There is no spoon?
                *boy <http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0936894/>*: Then you'll see, that it is not
                the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.

                > i`m not following you on the spoon, ray???
                >
                > ray diaz <raydiaz8@...> wrote: There is no spoon...
                >

                > On 4/5/06, tim garner <slowhike@...> wrote:
                > >

                > > chcoa <jdeben@...> wrote: ...As far as the chicken/egg the
                > > chicken came first. I'm refering to the
                > >
                > > biblical account of how the animals were created and set apon the
                > > earth. For non-believers I guess it's still a mystery. :)
                > >
                > > jamie in az
                > >
                > > . *** yep... that`s what i belive too jamie :~)
                > > and as for turning your lights off in a cave... been there.
                > > that`s about as total dark as i can imagin. i bet i could sleep & sleep
                > in
                > > a cave... if there was a way to hang my hammock w/o damaging the cave
                > walls.
                > >
                > > but you may have to hang a tarp just to keep from getting driped
                > > on. ...tim

                > > Camping hammock Camping food Rv camping Gsi outdoors
                > > Happy camper Outdoors

                > > ---------------------------------
                > >

                > > tim garner

                > Camping hammock Camping food Rv camping Gsi outdoors
                > Happy camper Outdoors

                > ---------------------------------
                >

                > tim garner

              • chcoa
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 5, 2006
                  What a fun converstation. There are so many ways to approach topics
                  like this. Brain teasers, I love em!!!

                  Now to keep it on topic - when I sleep in my hammock I like to have
                  darkenss so I usually pull my beanie down over my eyes and nose. This
                  can be a bad thing when camping with restless tenters though. They
                  will likey be up at the crack dawn with their aches and pains and if I
                  don't stur for several hours they might start throwing things at me!!
                  hahaha!

                  --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Ray Garlington" <rgarling@...>
                  wrote:

                  > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "chcoa" <jdeben@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > They both be true. Light is the absense of darkness and darkness
                  is
                  > > the absense of light.
                  > >
                  > This is true in logical conversation; however, the physics of the
                  > matter is different. In other words, "Light" is something
                  (photons),
                  > the absense of photons we call darkness. So darkness is the absense
                  > of light, but the absense of darkness has no real meaning. (but we
                  > think we know what it means!)

                • Ralph Oborn
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 5, 2006
                    like is light the absense of darkness or is darkness the absense of light.

                    Coy Boy

                    Let's settle this dark thing once and for all..
                    From
                    http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/5599/dark_sucker_2.html

                    THE THEORY OF DARK SUCKERS

                    *as presented by Paul Holmgren*

                    with additions and corrections by Holly Stowe
                    For years it was believed that light wes emitted from an electric bulb;
                    recent information has proven otherwise - dark is sucked into the bulb -
                    therefore, the bulb is a dark sucker.

                    There are many types and sizes of dark suckers. The largest manufacturers of
                    dark suckers are General Electric and Sylvania. Some modern dark suckers
                    utilize solid power to operate properly. Solid power units can be purchased
                    from Eveready, Exide, and Duracell.

                    The dark sucker theory proves the existance of dark suckers as well as
                    proving that dark is heaver than light. Some examples are as follows:

                    Electric bulbs: There is less dark near the electric bulb than at a distance
                    of 100 feet when it is operating; therefore, it is sucking dark and can be
                    classified as a dark sucker. The larger the dark sucker, the greater the
                    distance it can suck dark. The larger the dark sucker the greater its
                    capacity of dark. The dark sucking capabilities are evident when the dark
                    sucker has reached its capacity and will no longer suck dark. At that point
                    you may notice the dark area on the inside portion of the dark sucker. The
                    larger the dark sucker, the larger the area of dark found within. This type
                    of dark sucker can be made directional by placing a shield around a portion
                    of the unit or behind it. This will prevent dark from entering the dark
                    sucker from that side thereby extending the range of the dark sucker on the
                    unprotected/unshielded side.

                    Sometimes to promote big events they use a really large directional dark
                    sucker. You can see the dark sucked out of the sky in a long cylinder shape
                    from miles away.

                    Candles - primitive dark suckers: There is more dark 30 feet from a lit
                    candle then there is at a distance of 3 feet. Proof of it's dark sucking
                    capabilities is relatively simple. Examine a new unused candle, notice that
                    the center core is not dark. Ignite the center core. Allow the center core
                    to burn for about 5 minutes. Notice the lack of dark around the candle.
                    Extinguish the candle flame. Notice that the center core of the candle is
                    now dark. The center core is a dark sucker protected by a soft insulator to
                    extend it's life expectancy and maintain rigidity to verify that this
                    primitive dark sucker is operating properly. Ignite the center core and
                    allow it to burn for a minimum of 2 minutes. Pass a clean pencil over the
                    top of the flame, left to right, approximately 3 inches above the center
                    core. Notice that there is no dark on the pencil. Pass the pencil over the
                    center core now about 1/2 inch. Notice that the pencil now has a dark area.
                    The pencil blocked the path of the dark being sucked to the core of the dark
                    sucker. This type dark sucker is very primitive and does not suck dark any
                    great distance nor does it have a large capacity.

                    Dark sucker solid power units may be purchased locally at a variety of
                    outlets. Size does not determine the life expectancy of the dark sucker
                    solid power unit. These solid power units work with many modern dark
                    suckers, and absorb dark from the dark sucker. The absorbed dark is
                    converted to solid power within the unit.

                    An example of the conversion of dark into solid power in the automobile of
                    today. Notice an auto in use during dark hours. Two (possibly four) large
                    dark suckers are located on the front. On the rear there are two (or 3)
                    smaller dark suckers with red filters. You may also notice several dark
                    suckers with yellow filters. These filters are required to remove a
                    percentage of red and yellow from total dark so as to energize the solid
                    power unit. The solid power unit permits the auto to be utilized during
                    hours of no dark by the dark it has absorbed. The number of dark suckers
                    varies with the age of the automobile. Newer automobile solid power units
                    require a greater percentage of red filtered dark. Older units generally
                    require more non-filtered dark. The solid power unit of the automobile has a
                    dark interior. This can be proved by cutting the solid power unit in half.

                    Dark is heavier than light. Dark always settles to the bottom of a lake
                    and/or river. Submerge just below the surface of a lake and you will notice
                    an absence of dark. Lower yourself to 15 feet below the surface and you will
                    notice a degree of darkness even on a sunny, bright day. Lower yourself to
                    50 feet (or more) below the surface and you are in total dark. Ergo, the
                    dark has settled to the bottom; therefore, dark is heavier than light.
                    Modern technology has allowed us to utilize the dark that has settled to the
                    bottom of large rivers through the creation of turbines which push the dark
                    downriver to the ocean, which has a larger holding capacity for dark and is
                    a common safe storage location. As the dark is passed through the turbine, a
                    percentage of solid power is removed and transmitted to various short term
                    storage plants for many usages. Prior to turbines, it was much more
                    difficult to move the dark from rivers to storage areas such as deep lakes
                    or the ocean. The Indians would paddle their canoes very little and not very
                    deeply if they were going in the direction of flow of dark so as not to slow
                    it down. However, if they were traveling opposite the natural flow of dark,
                    they would dig their paddles very deep and rapidly to assist the flow of
                    dark to its ocean storage place.

                    Dark is faster than light. If you would open a drawer very slowly, you will
                    notice that the light goes into the drawer. (You can see this happen.) You
                    cannot see the dark leave the drawer. Continue to open the drawer and light
                    will continue to enter the drawer; however, you will not see any dark leave
                    the drawer. Therefore, dark is faster than light. Go into a closet, close
                    the door, and turn off the dark sucker. Have a friend open the door about 1
                    inch. Your friend will not see any dark leave the closet, nor will you. Have
                    your friend open the door until half the closet is dark and half is light.
                    Since 2 objects cannot occupy the same space at the same time, and you do
                    not feel any change in pressure, by compressing the dark, it is logical to
                    assume that dark is faster than light.

                    One last proof.

                    What is a by-product of movement of dark? Heat. What is a by- product of
                    dark suckers? Heat, again.

                    The sun is probably the largest dark sucker and when the sun is out the dark
                    is gone but a lot of heat is generated. If you get in the way of the sun
                    sucking the dark for to long some of the reddish (weaker) dark may become
                    attached to your skin. This can be painful. Avoid this at all costs.

                    Therefore a dark sucker generates heat during its operation, sucking dark
                    from the surrounding area.

                    enjoy... :]
                    Ralph

                    Around here we take a lot of our dark and ship it by wire to the bottom of a
                    big reservoir. If you dive down very deep guess what you see...... yup,
                    dark!

                    QED

                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 5, 2006

                        > ralph, ralph, ralph... how long did that person have to go to college to
                        > learn to make up stuff like that? i`m not going to be sucker enough to
                        > belive it :~} ...tim

                        14 years for the BS in physics
                        another 18 (and counting) for the masters in engineering

                        Towards the end of the physics degree, things started getting metaphysical.
                        Quantum mechanics, cosmology, "modern" physics, all have a little "you can't
                        really see this but have faith it's really here" type of stuff.

                        Ralph

                        PS "Theory of Dark" matches observable phenomena!

                      • Coy
                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 5, 2006
                          folks, i apoligize that yall had to read this. if only i had not
                          posted the question.

                          Coy Boy
                          PS just in case yall dont know, ralph is a disgruntled displaced
                          tater farmer so go easy on him.

                          <Ralph.oborn@...> wrote:

                          > like is light the absense of darkness or is darkness the absense
                          of light.

                          > Coy Boy
                          >
                          > Let's settle this dark thing once and for all..
                          > From
                          > http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/5599/dark_sucker_2.html
                          >
                          > THE THEORY OF DARK SUCKERS
                          >
                          > *as presented by Paul Holmgren*
                          >
                          > with additions and corrections by Holly Stowe
                          > For years it was believed that light wes emitted from an electric
                          bulb;
                          > recent information has proven otherwise - dark is sucked into the
                          bulb -
                          > therefore, the bulb is a dark sucker.

                        • J.D. Hoessle
                          Message 12 of 14 , Apr 6, 2006
                            > folks, i apoligize that yall had to read this. if only i had not
                            > posted the question.
                            >
                            > Coy Boy
                            > PS just in case yall dont know, ralph is a disgruntled displaced
                            > tater farmer so go easy on him.

                            ...hehehe! Actually, I enjoyed every line! I was waiting for someone
                            to explain the total darkness in a cave and "How Come" I keep seeing
                            those little lightning flashes (static electricity). Or is that
                            "stalactite electricity"...? Does stalagmite suck the dark?

                            Happy Trails,

                            J.D.
                          • chcoa
                            Message 13 of 14 , Apr 8, 2006
                              hahahahaha!!! Well that solves it then. I'm convinced!!

                              Phx must have a ton of dark suckers, we generate a LOT of heat around
                              these parts. :)

                              jamie d