RE: {Spam?} [Hammock Camping] SEHHA/trail fest

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2006
      thanks for clearing that up ed. if nothing happens, i plan to be there. probaby sat morn or early afternoon. ...tim

      Ed Speer <ed@...> wrote: Yes, Tim-we'll have our usual vendor booth at TrailDays in Damascus in May.
      But our next hammock campout is TrailFest weekend in Hot Springs, NC-that's
      april 21-23. This is a much smaller celebration than TrailDays. Unlike
      TrailDays, no outdoor gear vendors are allowed at TrailFest-it's simply a
      small-town celebration with some great local music on the green, a few food
      vendors, the famous 'duck races' on the creek, and a few AT-related
      guests/story telling, etc. Of course, there will be a lot of thruhikers.
      There are usually 100-400 people at TrailFest, while TrailDays attracts more
      than 10,000.

      Our campout in Hot Springs will draw 15-25 people and we'll have our own
      party-everyone welcome as we'll have our usual group campsite beside the
      river. It's been such a warm spring here so far, I'm expecting a nice
      weekend weather-wise. Karen & I will arrive about noon on Friday and leave
      mid-morning on Sunday.

      See ya there Tim..Ed

      Moderator, Hammock Camping List

      Editor, Hammock Camping News