Re: [Hammock Camping] masked invaders visit my hammock

  • tanpuma
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 3, 2006
      > > for a coon. now he understands why i sometimes refer to them as
      > > mini-bears.

      I have never had probs with bears but raccoons--yes. since we aren't
      in a tent, the raccoons are brave enough to skulk closer. One
      unzipped my dog's pack ( was hung in a tree but not suspended bear
      style) dragged it 30 feet away and ate a few pounds of kibble.
      How did I not hear? How did pup not hear all this?

      Yes, even when not in bear areas I now bear bag everything.

      At least he didn't eat a hole through the fabric.
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 4, 2006
        tanpuma <tanpuma@...> wrote:
        .. dragged it 30 feet away and ate a few pounds of kibble.
        How did I not hear? How did pup not hear all this?

        ***apparantly you where under the intoxicating influance of the hammock! as for the pup... mabey he was sleeping so soundly because you where.
        .
        At least he didn't eat a hole through the fabric.

        *** that reminds me... i need to make another belt pouch for snacks!!! ...tim

        tim garner