RE: [Hammock Camping] Re: bugnet design

  • Buck Link
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 30, 2006
      If there are no kite stores around, try buying a couple of cheep carbon
      fiber arrows from the local hunting/sports store. Wicked light and
      strong. Based on another list, I made some tent pegs from one. Cost me
      about 6 USD. I imagine they'd make great spreaders as well.

      Buck
      Cincinnati, Oh

      thanks for all the ideas. i was looking at using old fishing pole
      tips but the kite stick idea is alot better. i've tried a mock up in
      my attic using a sheet. its nice and roomy in the hammock with the
      spreaders.

    • Rosaleen Sullivan
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 31, 2006
        Buck-

        Please send a link or tell us more about your arrow shaft tent pegs. I would expect them to shatter if pounded into hard ground.

        Rosaleen