Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Request for pictures; Please : )

    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 29, 2006
      Craig <thecreekfisher@...> wrote: .
      ..I wonder if one could use two trailer hitches, two poles, and two of
      those spreader bars that Youngblood has to pitch a dual hammock
      campsite? Then the roof racks could be used to pitch the tarps. . .

      Regards,

      Craig Wilson

      *** now that sounds like a plan. ...tim

      <zippydooda@...> wrote:

      > It's pretty easy once you know how to do it. :-)
      >
      > Bill in Houston
      >
      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Ralph Oborn" <Ralph.oborn@>
      > wrote:
      > > I was trying to figure out how to explain free body diagrams to
      the
      > list.

      tim garner

    • sdbrehm
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 29, 2006
        Another thing to remember, put some padding between your rope/strap
        and the paint. Whether attached to the rack or led over and down, you
        have a good chance of wearing away at least the clear coat from
        friction where the rope goes over the edge of the roof. Don't ask how
        I know this...

        Scott from San Diego

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Craig" <thecreekfisher@...> wrote:

        > Over the roof does seem like a better idea. I would be scared about
        > cutting/abrading my window trim with the rope and perhaps even denting
        > my roof.
        >
        > As far as anchoring the rope goes, I suppose one could tie the rope to
        > a stake and then anchor the stake by rolling the tire on top of the
        > stake. Or perhaps tie the rope around a rock and then drive onto the
        > rope. The rock would prevent the rope from sliding under the tire.
        >
        > I wonder if one could use two trailer hitches, two poles, and two of
        > those spreader bars that Youngblood has to pitch a dual hammock
        > campsite? Then the roof racks could be used to pitch the tarps. . .
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Craig Wilson

      • Ralph Oborn
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 29, 2006
          As far as anchoring the rope goes, I suppose one could tie the rope to
          a stake and then anchor the stake by rolling the tire on top of the
          stake.

          Tie a loop around the ire on the ground.
          No moving necessary.

          Ralph

        • Craig
          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 30, 2006
            That's it!!! Thanks!!!

            --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "chcoa" <jdeben@...> wrote:

            > I think my pic might be the one you are refering to.

            > jamie in az
            >
            > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Craig" <thecreekfisher@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Hello,
            > >
            > > There are a LOT of pictures on here and at whiteblaze!!! I can't
            > seem
            > > to find the ones I am looking for. I know somebody knows exactly
            > where
            > > the pictures I am looking for are; so, please help me and post
            the
            > > links :)
            > >
            > > I'm looking for pictures where the hammock has been hung using a
            > > car/truck as one or more of the anchors. I remember viewing a
            > picture
            > > where the hammock was hung using the bumber of a truck, a post,
            > and a
            > > tree(I think). Got a link?
            > >
            > > Thanks a bunch,
            > >
            > > Craig Wilson
            > >
            > > P.S. Here is one link I found. This method does not look like it
            > would
            > > support much weight.
            > b=1

          • Rat
            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 30, 2006
              Hey Craig, I have several pictures of single and double guy one pole
              hangs and some off the bumber of my truck in my album here:

              I hope this helps.