Re: Request for pictures; Please : )

  • chcoa
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 28, 2006
      I think my pic might be the one you are refering to.

      jamie in az

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Craig" <thecreekfisher@...>
      wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > There are a LOT of pictures on here and at whiteblaze!!! I can't
      seem
      > to find the ones I am looking for. I know somebody knows exactly
      where
      > the pictures I am looking for are; so, please help me and post the
      > links :)
      >
      > I'm looking for pictures where the hammock has been hung using a
      > car/truck as one or more of the anchors. I remember viewing a
      picture
      > where the hammock was hung using the bumber of a truck, a post,
      and a
      > tree(I think). Got a link?
      >
      > Thanks a bunch,
      >
      > Craig Wilson
      >
      > P.S. Here is one link I found. This method does not look like it
      would
      > support much weight.
      b=1

    • Bill in Houston
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 29, 2006
        It's pretty easy once you know how to do it. :-)

        Bill in Houston

        > I was trying to figure out how to explain free body diagrams to the
        list.
      • Craig
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 29, 2006
          Over the roof does seem like a better idea. I would be scared about
          cutting/abrading my window trim with the rope and perhaps even denting
          my roof.

          As far as anchoring the rope goes, I suppose one could tie the rope to
          a stake and then anchor the stake by rolling the tire on top of the
          stake. Or perhaps tie the rope around a rock and then drive onto the
          rope. The rock would prevent the rope from sliding under the tire.

          I wonder if one could use two trailer hitches, two poles, and two of
          those spreader bars that Youngblood has to pitch a dual hammock
          campsite? Then the roof racks could be used to pitch the tarps. . .

          Regards,

          Craig Wilson

          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 29, 2006
            Craig <thecreekfisher@...> wrote: .
            ..I wonder if one could use two trailer hitches, two poles, and two of
            those spreader bars that Youngblood has to pitch a dual hammock
            campsite? Then the roof racks could be used to pitch the tarps. . .

            Regards,

            Craig Wilson

            *** now that sounds like a plan. ...tim

            <zippydooda@...> wrote:

            > It's pretty easy once you know how to do it. :-)
            >
            > Bill in Houston
            >
            > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Ralph Oborn" <Ralph.oborn@>
            > wrote:
            > > I was trying to figure out how to explain free body diagrams to
            the
            > list.

            tim garner

          • sdbrehm
            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 29, 2006
              Another thing to remember, put some padding between your rope/strap
              and the paint. Whether attached to the rack or led over and down, you
              have a good chance of wearing away at least the clear coat from
              friction where the rope goes over the edge of the roof. Don't ask how
              I know this...

              Scott from San Diego

              --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Craig" <thecreekfisher@...> wrote:

              > Over the roof does seem like a better idea. I would be scared about
              > cutting/abrading my window trim with the rope and perhaps even denting
              > my roof.
              >
              > As far as anchoring the rope goes, I suppose one could tie the rope to
              > a stake and then anchor the stake by rolling the tire on top of the
              > stake. Or perhaps tie the rope around a rock and then drive onto the
              > rope. The rock would prevent the rope from sliding under the tire.
              >
              > I wonder if one could use two trailer hitches, two poles, and two of
              > those spreader bars that Youngblood has to pitch a dual hammock
              > campsite? Then the roof racks could be used to pitch the tarps. . .
              >
              > Regards,
              >
              > Craig Wilson

            • Ralph Oborn
              Message 6 of 17 , Mar 29, 2006
                As far as anchoring the rope goes, I suppose one could tie the rope to
                a stake and then anchor the stake by rolling the tire on top of the
                stake.

                Tie a loop around the ire on the ground.
                No moving necessary.

                Ralph

              • Craig
                Message 7 of 17 , Mar 30, 2006
                  That's it!!! Thanks!!!

                  --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "chcoa" <jdeben@...> wrote:

                  > I think my pic might be the one you are refering to.

                  > jamie in az
                  >
                  > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Craig" <thecreekfisher@>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hello,
                  > >
                  > > There are a LOT of pictures on here and at whiteblaze!!! I can't
                  > seem
                  > > to find the ones I am looking for. I know somebody knows exactly
                  > where
                  > > the pictures I am looking for are; so, please help me and post
                  the
                  > > links :)
                  > >
                  > > I'm looking for pictures where the hammock has been hung using a
                  > > car/truck as one or more of the anchors. I remember viewing a
                  > picture
                  > > where the hammock was hung using the bumber of a truck, a post,
                  > and a
                  > > tree(I think). Got a link?
                  > >
                  > > Thanks a bunch,
                  > >
                  > > Craig Wilson
                  > >
                  > > P.S. Here is one link I found. This method does not look like it
                  > would
                  > > support much weight.
                  > b=1

                • Rat
                  Message 8 of 17 , Mar 30, 2006
                    Hey Craig, I have several pictures of single and double guy one pole
                    hangs and some off the bumber of my truck in my album here:

                    I hope this helps.