Re: forgotten intro? Now Packgoats

  • tanpuma
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 28, 2006

      > Renting goats is pretty big business out west. Planning a trip with
      > an outfitter would be the best way to get familiar with the way to
      > do it and wether or not you will like it. The Packgoat list group
      > are a good bunch of people and will welcome just about anyone who
      > wants to try goat packing. They have regular campouts like we have
      > here and that would be a good place to make connections. And you
      > don't need a goat to attend :).

      It seems like the thing to do is visit the packgoat group, and attend
      a campout where it may be possible to packgoat with the owner present.

      I actually hadn't even thought of goats as pack animals, only heard of
      llammas and mules. that is until I read the hammock newsletter.

      Liam
    • Dawn Harkins
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 3, 2006
        Wow, Rat, excellent information, thank you so much!!
        I'll be checking all this out.

        Dawn in Tahoe

        http://mail.yahoo.com