Re: ENO Hammock Reviews?

  • Ray
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 27, 2006
      That's great advice.

      Thanks Chris!

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "wootres4" <chriswootres@...>

      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 27, 2006
        have you spent much time in the ENO single yet? when i first got mine, i first bought the double & it was great, but i thought...ummm, i could save weight & space w/ the single. besides, the double seemed SO big.
        so i took the double back to the local outfitter & got the single. i fell out twice. it was so unstable that i didn`t trust it to sleep in. so back to the store i go & i got the double back.
        now it`s very possible that it was the single was not tyed-up right when it was being made. after trying my hand at making a hammock & reading advice from the folks here, i`ve learned that it makes a great differance in how the fabric is gathered up & tyed at the ends.
        so i`m wondering how other ENO single hammocks lay. thanks ...tim

        Ray <raydiaz8@...> wrote:
        Hey Tim,

        I just bought an ENO Single. I don't use it for camping though. I
        bought it to take to the parks, (and the water park gazebos) when I go
        out with the wife and kids.

        I like the construction of the hammock, but I have no experience with
        hammock camping yet so I wanted to know what experienced people
        thought about their camping accessories.

        .
        ..

        .>

        .

        tim garner

      • Dawn Harkins
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 3, 2006
          This is a question for all you experienced
          gear-modifiers out there: Have any of you altered a
          Hennessey (mine's the UL Backpacker Asym) so that the
          netting is removable?

          Dawn in Tahoe

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • jwj32542
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 3, 2006
            --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Dawn Harkins <dawnhark@...>
            wrote:

            > This is a question for all you experienced
            > gear-modifiers out there: Have any of you altered a
            > Hennessey (mine's the UL Backpacker Asym) so that the
            > netting is removable?

            There used to be pics in the photos section here (by Brian from Tampa)
            of a zippered net on the HH. I don't remember if it was completely
            removable or if it just zipped up and out of the way.

            One pic of it is here:
            http://www.tothewoods.net/HammockCampingBugfree.html

            Jeff
            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 4, 2006
              dawn... i removed the netting from my friend`s HH w/ the intention of sewing velcro around the edges so it could be used if needed. but i never have got around to adding the velcro.
              most of my time is spent in the mountians of nc, & fortunately i rarely have enough broblems w/ flying insects to want to use a net. but i`m sure the time will come. so when i do add velcro to the HH, i`ll let you know how it goes.
              the HH seemed to work great w/o the net, though i haven`t spent much time in it. i need to get it from my friend & use it to see what`s what.
              the idea w/ removing the net was that my friend (jerome) & i both liked the way the HH layed but didn`t care to be enclosed by netting unless it was actualy needed.
              i`ll borrow it again & play around more, then get back w/ you.
              and the hot water bottles... yeah!!! i don`t know why i wated so long to try that on my cold toes! ...tim

              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 5, 2006
                Looking forward to it, Tim, thanks. I have a big
                head-net thingie--really a big mesh bag, covers head
                and torso to my waist--from Brawney...maybe if I took
                the netting off the HH I could just get by with
                that...

                I'm feeling a little foolish because I had not
                realized that the HH netting wasn't removeable. Oh
                well, I'll go forward from here.

                Coy, was it you who flipped the whole deal over? If
                that works, with ccf pad, I can leave the undercover
                at home...

                Dawn, really trying not to think too hard, lol

                From: tim garner <slowhike@...>

              • opnheartscrub@tampabay.rr.com
                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 6, 2006
                  > Dawn Harkins <dawnhark@...> wrote:
                  > This is a question for all you experienced
                  > gear-modifiers out there: Have any of you altered a
                  > Hennessey (mine's the UL Backpacker Asym) so that the
                  > netting is removable?

                  Dawn,

                  I removed the netting from my HH because I have a back injury and
                  entering through the slit was painful. I now use it as a "top loader"
                  for canoe trips (I use a lighter homemade hammock for backpacking). I
                  now just attach netting to the ridgeline and let it drape over the
                  sides. Another option would be a velcro closure. I have also sewn a
                  small sleeve on the inside of the hammock at the tieout points. This
                  allows me to use easton poles to hold the hammock open. Now I can
                  rock myself to sleep.

                  Brian
                  T-BACK

                    Message 9 of 17 , Apr 10, 2006
                      > brian... i`d like to hear more about how you attached the sleves &
                      > how they hold the poles.

                      Tim,

                      I will try to get some pics uploaded in the next few days. It is very
                      simple to do. I'll bring the hammock to SEHHA so you can see it.

                      Brian
                      T-BACK