Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: forgotten intro? Now Packgoats

  • Edwin Morse
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 25, 2006
      We kept several goats when I was quite young (about 60 years ago). Yes, they do forage for their food - including anything they can bite and chew.
      The milk was great... If you can drink heavy rich fresh cream you could learn to drink goat milk. It also takes on a flavor of what they eat...
      The nannys were great pets but the billys could be difficult.

      Ed M
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 28, 2006
        Okay, influenced by the other thread of odd places to hang your hammock,
        I gotta ask.... can you hang between your two pack goats/llamas/mules?

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 28, 2006
          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Scot Leibacher" <scot-
          leibacher@...> wrote:

          > Okay, influenced by the other thread of odd places to hang your
          hammock,
          > I gotta ask.... can you hang between your two pack
          goats/llamas/mules?

          While they're walking? Now THAT would be a sweet setup!
        • J.D. Hoessle
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 29, 2006
            --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "jwj32542" <jwj32542@...> wrote:
            > > Okay, influenced by the other thread of odd places to hang your
            > hammock,
            > > I gotta ask.... can you hang between your two pack
            > goats/llamas/mules?
            >
            > While they're walking? Now THAT would be a sweet setup!

            You have now created many scenes in my head that run like a Feature
            Length Cartoon starring Wily Coyote. Remember when he built the sling
            shot to catch the Road Runner....?

            You are in your hammock, the packgoats wander about grazing during the
            night, and the hammock gets snagged on something. Zooommm....! You
            are suddenly launched over the canyon <Half Way!>. Just before impact,
            the fabric rebounds and up you come... Rebound - Stretch - Rebound, etc.

            Good choice of fabric 'tho...<g>...! Stretches just enough without
            hitting the ground!

            Happy Trails,

            J.D.