How tight should the hammock be? New answer for me

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 23, 2006
      Just a small note to the group.

      I have often advocated tying my hammock up tight and then getting in.

      Over the winter I have had a hammock tied up in my hammock room.
      Because of the length of the room, I had to tie it up a little loose.
      Not as loose as some tie it, but hanging at a small angle.

      I went outside with the WarmHammockIV today and tied my hammock up nice
      and tight. I was amazed how much tighter it was around my shoulders. I
      decided to loosen it some. Ah! Nice and comfortable.

      I like this looser set.

      Everyone learns something once in a while.

      Even me. (probably surprises no one as much as me)

      Rick
    • Coy
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 23, 2006
        I found that by making my hammock out of 11 feet of material instead
        of 10 it squeezes even less. not much and probably not enough to
        justify the extra weight and extra tarp (more extra weight) length
        needed to keep it dry. But with my Super Dave tarp and 11 foot hammock
        I sleep purdy good.

        Will you update the new and improved warm hammock on your site?

        Coy Boy
        PS hope Diane dont have what I have. I slept too much yesterday and
        could not sleep at all last night. I ended up watching TV half the
        night and there aint much on. Then I got sleepy just in time to get
        up for work.