Re: zhammock and silk?

  • tanpuma
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 14, 2006
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "marta_clark" <marta_clark@...>
      wrote:

      > I haven't tried a silk hammock myself, but I'd be a little concerned
      > about sudden failure of the fabric.
      Sorry to drop in here out of the Blue:
      I am an artist that works with some textiles, one of the big factors
      with certain fabrics is washing it in the wrong soap, or in heavily
      chlorinated water. A silk hammock , or even heavy jeans can be eaten
      by chlorine. Probably a hammock needs less washing than clothing.
      ALso the weave and quality of the fabric can cause failure.
      I would stick with fabric other people have used from a known
      supplier using the same weave. Hang low and keep critters away.
      Liam