nylon parachute silk

  • kbwaddy
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 13, 2006
      does anybody know anything about a fabric called para silk or parachute silk?
      i have a hammock bliss single, (it seems to be an exact replica of an eagles
      nest outfitter hammock, but in a different color, which makes me think they
      were made by the same manufacturer) and it lists the fabric as para silk 100%
      nylon. I removed the support ropes and weighed it, and my best guess is that
      it is about 20% heavier than 1.9 0z. ripstop. it's a very nice fabric, but i cannot
      find it at any of the online outdoor fabric shops. does anybody know if it goes
      by another name or if it isn't available in the states(the hammock bliss is made
      in indonesia i believe) any insight is appreciated.