Re: [Hammock Camping] Hennessey Underpad

  • Thomas Vickers
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 9, 2006
      I have spent nights down to at least 30 F in an Ultra light Backpacker,
      undercover, underpad, with a reflective blanket over the pad.

      My bag was a 45 F rated Feathered Friends Vireo.
      I slept fully dressed with a jacket over the top of the bag and me.
      (Integral Designs Dolomiti).

      Slept like a baby.

      TV

      I have also seen an ULBPA used without anything but a FF Wren and a
      ridgerest down to 26 F. Don't think I would have liked it. My friend was
      wearing a fleece jacket and shorts

      TV
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 9, 2006
        Hi, Thomas! Thanks, good info, I'll save it in my
        hammock data file. One question: with the space
        blankie on top of the pad, was there condensation?

        --- Thomas Vickers <redroach@...> wrote:

        > I have spent nights down to at least 30 F in an
        > Ultra light Backpacker,
        > undercover, underpad, with a reflective blanket over
        > the pad.
        >
        > My bag was a 45 F rated Feathered Friends Vireo.
        > I slept fully dressed with a jacket over the top of
        > the bag and me.
        > (Integral Designs Dolomiti).
        >
        > Slept like a baby.
        >
        > TV

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Thomas Vickers
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 11, 2006
          <

          > Hi, Thomas! Thanks, good info, I'll save it in my
          > hammock data file. One question: with the space
          > blankie on top of the pad, was there condensation?

          None that I saw

          TV