Re: [Hammock Camping] Snake Skins

  • Joe Federici
    Message 1 of 21 , Mar 8, 2006
      You could size up the snake skins to compensate for extra space
      depending on what size hammock your starting with. The Skins I think
      come in 4 sizes so if your hammock uses size 2 you could buy size 4.
      I'm not sure how much extra room your looking? I was told the snake
      skin idea was patented so a few of the people who used to make similar
      products may have stopped. The ones that comes to mind were the python
      skins which are now collectors items ;-)

      JFF

      On Mar 8, 2006, at 10:35 PM, dclem22 wrote:

      While were on the subject, does anyone sell snake skins to fit a clark
      north american with the xl fly? Snake skins(like posted) look to be the
      coolest accessory for a hammock camper. Thanks in advance for any info.

      Camping hammock
      Camping food
      Rv camping
      Gsi outdoors
      Happy camper
      Outdoors

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      ▪  Visit your group "hammockcamping" on the web.

      ▪  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

      ▪  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
      Service.

    • danefliedner
      Message 2 of 21 , Mar 9, 2006
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Joe Federici <joefederici@...>
        wrote:

        > You could size up the snake skins to compensate for extra space
        > depending on what size hammock your starting with. The Skins I think
        > come in 4 sizes so if your hammock uses size 2 you could buy size 4.

        >>>I recently bought a JRB Nest and weather shield and needed bigger
        snakeskins-- I put my size 2 skins on my JRB tarp (a little big, but
        already had 'em) and I made (my first sewing project) some python
        skins based on "Just Jeffs" design under his homemade gear link-- they
        swallow the HH UL backpacker (without tarp), my Nest and weather
        shield-- I made mine a little bigger to be able to accomodate all 3
        pieces when needed. Came out pretty good, too, considering I'd never
        touched a sewing machine before! You should try it. Pretty easy, and
        way cheaper than $20 for the HH skins (although HH skins look nicer
        than mine, hey, it works)...And yes, they are a very cool idea, and
        well worth it. Dane