Snake Skins

  • dclem22
    Message 1 of 21 , Mar 8, 2006
      While were on the subject, does anyone sell snake skins to fit a clark
      north american with the xl fly? Snake skins(like posted) look to be the
      coolest accessory for a hammock camper. Thanks in advance for any info.
    • Joe Federici
      Message 2 of 21 , Mar 8, 2006
        You could size up the snake skins to compensate for extra space
        depending on what size hammock your starting with. The Skins I think
        come in 4 sizes so if your hammock uses size 2 you could buy size 4.
        I'm not sure how much extra room your looking? I was told the snake
        skin idea was patented so a few of the people who used to make similar
        products may have stopped. The ones that comes to mind were the python
        skins which are now collectors items ;-)

        JFF

        On Mar 8, 2006, at 10:35 PM, dclem22 wrote:

        While were on the subject, does anyone sell snake skins to fit a clark
        north american with the xl fly? Snake skins(like posted) look to be the
        coolest accessory for a hammock camper. Thanks in advance for any info.

        Camping hammock
        Camping food
        Rv camping
        Gsi outdoors
        Happy camper
        Outdoors

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        ▪  Visit your group "hammockcamping" on the web.

        ▪  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

        ▪  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
        Service.

      • danefliedner
        Message 3 of 21 , Mar 9, 2006
          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Joe Federici <joefederici@...>
          wrote:

          > You could size up the snake skins to compensate for extra space
          > depending on what size hammock your starting with. The Skins I think
          > come in 4 sizes so if your hammock uses size 2 you could buy size 4.

          >>>I recently bought a JRB Nest and weather shield and needed bigger
          snakeskins-- I put my size 2 skins on my JRB tarp (a little big, but
          already had 'em) and I made (my first sewing project) some python
          skins based on "Just Jeffs" design under his homemade gear link-- they
          swallow the HH UL backpacker (without tarp), my Nest and weather
          shield-- I made mine a little bigger to be able to accomodate all 3
          pieces when needed. Came out pretty good, too, considering I'd never
          touched a sewing machine before! You should try it. Pretty easy, and
          way cheaper than $20 for the HH skins (although HH skins look nicer
          than mine, hey, it works)...And yes, they are a very cool idea, and
          well worth it. Dane