RE: [Hammock Camping] water on short-off mt/linvile gorge, nc?

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 8, 2006
      thanks ed. things have come up w/ both of the others i was planing on going up with, & i could probably better use the time staying near home to get other stuff done. so it looks like we won`t be doing an overnighter. i hope to make it to hot springs april 21-23 for the SEHHA campout. thanks...tim

      Ed Speer <ed@...> wrote: Tim, sorry I missed your question earlier-been gone for a few days. I have
      seen the spring & pond dry before, so I would take my water up with me. The
      spring is almost at the very top & on the trail, while the pond is a
      stagnant pool about 200' in dia & is located a short hike on the summit
      trail toward Table Rock-both were dry on a Dec trip this winter. You're
      right, if they are dry, the alternatives are not good..Ed

      Moderator, Hammock Camping List

      Editor, Hammock Camping News

      Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

      _____