RE: [Hammock Camping] What hammock To Get?

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 8, 2006
      Humza:

      I feel a bit awkward about promoting this hammock all the time, but I'm not affiliated with Tom Claytor or his company in any way. I just like his products a lot, and think they deserve attention.

      So let me recommend the Expedition Model:

      http://www.mosquitohammock.com/

      It's a simple design with a double bottom, a full-length zipper that closes a mosquito net, and is well made using good quality materials.

      I own one of each of his three models, and I think the Expedition is best suited to backpacking and hammock camping.

      Bear
    • dclem22
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 8, 2006
        Hey

        This is just my two cents worth. I spent alot of time reading posts and
        taking notes on this group. The postings from this group convinced me
        to get a clarke north american jungle hammock. It has been the best
        decision I have ever made involving camping gear. I have only had mine
        a couple of months now, so I do not qualify as a long term tester, but
        so far so good. It has kept me warm and dry hanging in the air, while
        others were cold and damp on the ground. I know it is not the cheapest
        or the lightest, but I feel it is the best.
        Like I said, my two cents worth. Hope that helps.
      • Humza
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 5, 2006
          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "dclem22" <Dclemens3625@...>
          wrote:

          > Hey
          >
          > This is just my two cents worth. I spent alot of time reading
          posts and
          > taking notes on this group. The postings from this group convinced
          me
          > to get a clarke north american jungle hammock. It has been the
          best
          > decision I have ever made involving camping gear. I have only had
          mine
          > a couple of months now, so I do not qualify as a long term tester,
          but
          > so far so good. It has kept me warm and dry hanging in the air,
          while
          > others were cold and damp on the ground. I know it is not the
          cheapest
          > or the lightest, but I feel it is the best.
          > Like I said, my two cents worth. Hope that helps.

          Thanks for your opinion I find the clark more suited to my needs
          because it is very weatherproof and thats a pretty big concern in
          Florida. The only problem I have had is finding reviews or opinions
          of the hammock it seems that perhaps it is not so popular due to the
          cost. Any other opinions would be appreciated.
        • opnheartscrub@tampabay.rr.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 6, 2006
            > Thanks for your opinion I find the clark more suited to my needs
            > because it is very weatherproof and thats a pretty big concern in
            > Florida. The only problem I have had is finding reviews or
            > opinions
            > of the hammock it seems that perhaps it is not so popular due to
            > the
            > cost. Any other opinions would be appreciated.

            Are you concerned with weight. Several of the hammocks are very storm
            proof if they are rigged correctly. What part of Florida are you
            from? I live in Tampa.

            Brian
            T-BACK