What hammock To Get?

  • Humza
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 7, 2006
      I am interested in starting hammock camping and unlike camping with
      tents the choices are often quite different and make it seems a very
      profound difference on your experience. So far the Clark North
      American Hammock seems the most interesting to me any advice regarding
      alternatives I should consider and the flaws with the calrk would be
      appreciated.
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 8, 2006
        Humza:

        I feel a bit awkward about promoting this hammock all the time, but I'm not affiliated with Tom Claytor or his company in any way. I just like his products a lot, and think they deserve attention.

        So let me recommend the Expedition Model:

        http://www.mosquitohammock.com/

        It's a simple design with a double bottom, a full-length zipper that closes a mosquito net, and is well made using good quality materials.

        I own one of each of his three models, and I think the Expedition is best suited to backpacking and hammock camping.

        Bear
      • dclem22
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 8, 2006
          Hey

          This is just my two cents worth. I spent alot of time reading posts and
          taking notes on this group. The postings from this group convinced me
          to get a clarke north american jungle hammock. It has been the best
          decision I have ever made involving camping gear. I have only had mine
          a couple of months now, so I do not qualify as a long term tester, but
          so far so good. It has kept me warm and dry hanging in the air, while
          others were cold and damp on the ground. I know it is not the cheapest
          or the lightest, but I feel it is the best.
          Like I said, my two cents worth. Hope that helps.
        • Humza
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 5, 2006
            --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "dclem22" <Dclemens3625@...>
            wrote:

            > Hey
            >
            > This is just my two cents worth. I spent alot of time reading
            posts and
            > taking notes on this group. The postings from this group convinced
            me
            > to get a clarke north american jungle hammock. It has been the
            best
            > decision I have ever made involving camping gear. I have only had
            mine
            > a couple of months now, so I do not qualify as a long term tester,
            but
            > so far so good. It has kept me warm and dry hanging in the air,
            while
            > others were cold and damp on the ground. I know it is not the
            cheapest
            > or the lightest, but I feel it is the best.
            > Like I said, my two cents worth. Hope that helps.

            Thanks for your opinion I find the clark more suited to my needs
            because it is very weatherproof and thats a pretty big concern in
            Florida. The only problem I have had is finding reviews or opinions
            of the hammock it seems that perhaps it is not so popular due to the
            cost. Any other opinions would be appreciated.
          • opnheartscrub@tampabay.rr.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 6, 2006
              > Thanks for your opinion I find the clark more suited to my needs
              > because it is very weatherproof and thats a pretty big concern in
              > Florida. The only problem I have had is finding reviews or
              > opinions
              > of the hammock it seems that perhaps it is not so popular due to
              > the
              > cost. Any other opinions would be appreciated.

              Are you concerned with weight. Several of the hammocks are very storm
              proof if they are rigged correctly. What part of Florida are you
              from? I live in Tampa.

              Brian
              T-BACK