Re: [Hammock Camping] Day hiking hammock

  • Scott Schroeder
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 3 1:34 PM
      Very good.
      Thanks
      scott

      On 3/3/06, Rick <ra1@...> wrote:

      > 1 inch webbing (polypropyline) or 3/8 inch yellow polypro hollow braid
      > rope are my two best suggestions. The best and cheapest webbing is
      > available on line.
      >
      > This is covered here:
      >
      > http://www.imrisk.com/hammock/ultrahammockkit.htm
      >
      > Rick

    • jwj32542
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 3 3:14 PM
        I wouldn't cut down too much on the width. With a Speer or
        TestHammock, you can comfortably lounge in it by folding it in half
        like the HH, but it's better because the bugnet and ridgeline don't
        get in the way.

        However, cutting the width would change the way it lounges and might
        prevent you from sleeping comfortably in it if you ever needed to.
        Cutting a 60" width down to 48" will save you ~2 oz. That's about as
        narrow as I'd want to go. YMMV.

        Jeff
      • Scott Schroeder
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 4 11:54 AM
          One more thing.
          I'm 6'3" 200lbs
          If I plan to whip the ends, is 10' of 1.9 a good length?
          Gracias
          Scott

          --
          Scott

        • Shane Steinkamp
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 4 12:37 PM
            > One more thing.
            > I'm 6'3" 200lbs
            > If I plan to whip the ends, is 10' of 1.9 a good length?
            > Gracias

            Yeah. Minimum hammock length is your height + 2 feet. I like my height (5'
            10") + 4 feet, but I'm greedy.

            Shane
          • Scott Schroeder
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 9 1:11 PM
              Well that was easy.
              I made one up last night in about half and hour. Granted it's just a simple
              hammock but it's pretty easy to build.
              \thanks rick for having pictures of whipping and your knot on your website.
              That made it rather easy to do.

              Scott

              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 9 1:15 PM
                Glad it helped.