Re: [Hammock Camping] Day hiking hammock

    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 3, 2006
      1 inch webbing (polypropyline) or 3/8 inch yellow polypro hollow braid
      rope are my two best suggestions. The best and cheapest webbing is
      available on line.

      This is covered here:

      http://www.imrisk.com/hammock/ultrahammockkit.htm

      Rick

      Scott Schroeder wrote:
      .
      > bill mentioned 3/8 or 1/4" webbing. Any thoughts or suggestions on hanging?
      > thanks for the help
      > Scott

    • Scott Schroeder
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 3, 2006
        Very good.
        Thanks
        scott

        On 3/3/06, Rick <ra1@...> wrote:

        > 1 inch webbing (polypropyline) or 3/8 inch yellow polypro hollow braid
        > rope are my two best suggestions. The best and cheapest webbing is
        > available on line.
        >
        > This is covered here:
        >
        > http://www.imrisk.com/hammock/ultrahammockkit.htm
        >
        > Rick

      • jwj32542
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 3, 2006
          I wouldn't cut down too much on the width. With a Speer or
          TestHammock, you can comfortably lounge in it by folding it in half
          like the HH, but it's better because the bugnet and ridgeline don't
          get in the way.

          However, cutting the width would change the way it lounges and might
          prevent you from sleeping comfortably in it if you ever needed to.
          Cutting a 60" width down to 48" will save you ~2 oz. That's about as
          narrow as I'd want to go. YMMV.

          Jeff
        • Scott Schroeder
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 4, 2006
            One more thing.
            I'm 6'3" 200lbs
            If I plan to whip the ends, is 10' of 1.9 a good length?
            Gracias
            Scott

            --
            Scott

          • Shane Steinkamp
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 4, 2006
              > One more thing.
              > I'm 6'3" 200lbs
              > If I plan to whip the ends, is 10' of 1.9 a good length?
              > Gracias

              Yeah. Minimum hammock length is your height + 2 feet. I like my height (5'
              10") + 4 feet, but I'm greedy.

              Shane
            • Scott Schroeder
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 9, 2006
                Well that was easy.
                I made one up last night in about half and hour. Granted it's just a simple
                hammock but it's pretty easy to build.
                \thanks rick for having pictures of whipping and your knot on your website.
                That made it rather easy to do.

                Scott

                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 9, 2006
                  Glad it helped.