Re: Just Tested Risk's Test Hammock

  • hana_hanger
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 2, 2006
      I have those Tree Huggers so I did not need the extra polypropylene
      webbings. So I tried hooking it directly to the hammock just in front
      of the knot with large S hooks that came with the Tree Huggers
      designed for heavy loads.

      It took a few trys to get the material inside the s hook but it works
      great. In the pictures one side is attached to a simple rope with
      large hook...,I have out there all the time but the other side is
      attached to the tree huggers. You may want to try that if you cannot
      get the webbing soon enough.

      We tested it with 160 lbs and up to 260 lbs with no problems. The knot
      held and I know the S hooks are rated to 400 lbs.

      I love the two we made and under 10 minutes to make and soooo comfy.
      Thanks to Ed Speers and Risk for the idea of the Test Hammock :)