Re: [Hammock Camping] winter hammock

    Message 1 of 41 , Feb 28, 2006
      marta_clark <marta_clark@...> wrote:
      aMinor mishap: When I stopped reading and turned off my headlamp, I
      started wriggling around to get comfortable on my side. I heard a
      brief slithering sound and--wham--I was on the ground and rolling
      briskly downhill. After about two revolutions, I fought my way out
      of the Pea Pod, stopped the rolling, and got up to inspect the
      hammock. It was fine. The problem was operator error--one of the
      anchor trees was quite thick and I hadn't secured the strap well
      enough. Fortunately I was only about 6 inches above the ground,
      which was well padded with dry leaves. Unfortunately, I was on a
      steep slope. It would have made a good video...

      Marta

      *** sounds like something i`d do marta. except if i was w/ some of my regular camping partners, they`d make me lay there until they took a picture or two :~} ...tim

      tim garner