Re: Very tall old guy

  • Rosaleen Sullivan
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 27, 2006
      Keith-

      You are not THAT old for this group.

      "Any recommends out there? Comments? Rants?"

      Hon-ey! You have come to the right place for any of the above. My personal favorite is the Hennessy line. I would recommend a Hennessy Explorer with stronger than the usual stock ropes. Ask and you should be able to get one made up that way.

      If you want another style hammock, a lot of the people here prefer Ed Speer's (Owner of the group) hammocks. He sell both kits and ready made. Read Ed's book for lots of good info. Also look at Risk's site.

      I'm sure you will hear more from other hammockers.

      Good Luck!

      Rosaleen

      From: "tory1942" <tory1942@...<mailto:tory1942@...>>
      Subject: Very tall old guy

      I'm male, 6' 7" tall, about 285#, 63 years, retired. I'd thought to
      get a hammock rig for use with my newish Suzuki Burgman, in case I get
      stuck out some nights (don't see that well in the dark any more). I
      came across all these references, and this group, so decided to ask
      some opinions.

      All of this is new to me ... never before considered a hammock ...
      since I broke several, in friends back yards, with my size and weight.

      Now, I'm a guy with plenty of scars on his head, from banging into
      doorways and such, and I KNOW the compromises I gotta make with the
      world ... but it sure would be nice not to have to bother with a tent,
      groundcloth, sleeping bag, etc, and still sleep comfortable.

      Any recommends out there? Comments? Rants?

      Keith Young