Re: [Hammock Camping] Very tall old guy

  • neptunebeach
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27 6:16 AM
      Hi Keith,
      I have a Hennessy Explorer Ultralight A-sym, 2.3# listed weight. I'm 6'4" 200# and find the length to be very generous. I wouldn't expect an extra 3" in height to be any problem. Hennessey gives this one a weight limit of 250#. the Explorer Deluxe Asym uses heavier body fabric and is rated at 300# with the same other dimensions. The Safari Deluxe Asym is a little longer and wider and is rated at 350#. see http://www.hennessyhammock.com/comparisonchart.htm I 've been very pleased with my HH. It does take a while to get the hang of arranging pad, bag and stuff in the hammock, but its worth the learning curve. If you have the option, I'd go for a left side zippered sleeping bag to go with the left to right asymmetry of the Hennessy hammock. I think that would be easier, at least it seems so when I'm struggling with my right zip bag. Many hangers like quilts instead of bags. I haven't tried that yet.
      Happy Hanging