RE: [Hammock Camping] Digest Number 1191

  • Chet Clocksin
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2006
      Hey Kieth, welcome to the forum, and congrats on the Suzuki! I just got a
      Kaw KLR 650 and hope to do a little adventure touring with it. The nice
      thing about the hammock is that it is perfect for most everything I
      do...Hiking, kayaking, canoeing, touring, whatever! Great protection from
      the elements, gets you off the ground and gives you a comfortable sleep, and
      it packs down to a really small package.

      For your height, I'd say your best bet is to get Ed Speer's book and follow
      his directions to make your own hammock custom sized for you. I have made
      several, and they are pretty easy to make, and do everything you could ask
      of a camping hammock.

      Hennessey also makes a safari model that is "plus sized", and they make a
      fine product.

      I happen to like the top entry style like Speer's hammocks. Ed's book gives
      detailed instructions on how to make your own, (it's much cheaper to make
      one yourself than to buy one) and you also have the ability to customize it
      to suit your needs.

      Lot's of resources on this forum, and a good photo section.

      Enjoy!

      Chet