Re: [Hammock Camping] Just Tested Risk's Test Hammock

  • opnheartscrub@tampabay.rr.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 25 4:22 PM
      I sat down slowly adding weight to the
      > thing. Snap! It broke. It was the el cheapo cotton straps. I'll have
      > to order some 1.5 inch poly stuff later.

      Don't feel bad, I broke a strap a few weeks ago and the drop knocked
      the wind out of me and scared the heck out of my dog. At least you
      were smart enough to hang your hammock low to test it.

      Brian
      T-BACK
    • hana_hanger
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 2, 2006
        I have those Tree Huggers so I did not need the extra polypropylene
        webbings. So I tried hooking it directly to the hammock just in front
        of the knot with large S hooks that came with the Tree Huggers
        designed for heavy loads.

        It took a few trys to get the material inside the s hook but it works
        great. In the pictures one side is attached to a simple rope with
        large hook...,I have out there all the time but the other side is
        attached to the tree huggers. You may want to try that if you cannot
        get the webbing soon enough.

        We tested it with 160 lbs and up to 260 lbs with no problems. The knot
        held and I know the S hooks are rated to 400 lbs.

        I love the two we made and under 10 minutes to make and soooo comfy.
        Thanks to Ed Speers and Risk for the idea of the Test Hammock :)