Re: How do trail names work?

  • Rat
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 23, 2006
      That is how they work, but it isn't the fun part. Getting one is the
      fun part. Usually you do something totally stupid and get stuck with
      it the rest of your life.

      Mine is a hold over from when I was younger and spent all my time at
      the river, therefore I am River Rat, Rat for short. However, I have a
      friend whose nick name is Treeface, and no, it isn't because he looks
      like a tree. :) Some people have all the fun...

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "jwj32542" <jwj32542@...>
      wrote:

      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "sebastiantoney" <funbun2@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > In the bicycle touring world we don't have nicknames for ppl. So
      what
      > > is the purpose of a trail name in the hiking universe?
      > >

      > How many John's and Dave's hike each year? But if you're "Dances
      with
      > Kinniknick" people will be able to differentiate you from the other
      > folks with your name. Plus some people just like it to add color
      > their lives.
      >
      > So there really isn't a "purpose" besides what any nickname has.
      Just