Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Earth Day - Kinnickinic!!!,

  • PUDSCRAWLER@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 23, 2006
      In a message dated 2/23/2006 2:18:32 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      jdeben@... writes:

      > We have a lake here in AZ called Kinnickinic. Are you saying it's
      > some kind of tobacco?
      >
      > jamie

      It is my trailname. It is also a shrub that grows wild in the West, like
      Estes Park, where I lived until now. It was used for smoking by Native
      Ameriecans. Also, as a treatment for sexually transmitted diseases.

      A like in Arizona? I thought you were too parched for that. LOL.

      KInnickinic

    • Chuck Haak
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 23, 2006
        Kinnickinic wrote:
        A like in Arizona? I thought you were too parched for that. LOL.

        I'll throw in a reply for Jamie. Lakes, yes, several. Parched, yes. Give it
        two or three months and watch the news about the whole state bursting into
        flames. Or just look overhead. That smoke will probably be from us. The
        drought conditions are really scary this year. I anticipate that the Forest
        Service will put every one of their hammock hanging trees off limits
        starting in May by closing the forests to all use.

        Pbmoo4
      • chcoa
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 23, 2006
          How did you aquire that trailname?

          Yes, we do have some lakes in AZ, many are made though. After 128
          days without any measureable rain, I think we probably have a few
          less lakes. :(

          jamie in AZ