Re: [Hammock Camping] End caps

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 17 8:32 PM
      i was one of those talking about end caps. unfortunantly, i haven`t got around to experimenting w/ them. but, my idea was basicly a silnylon (or tyvek) triangle that attaches to the end of the tarp & angles down toward the tree. one side of the triangle would attach to the tarp at three points; one in the center & then part way down each side of the tarp end. the point on the triangle`s other end would go toward the tree. this would form a ridge down the center of the triangle (end cap) as it points to the tree. i need to work out the details, but i think it will work well... wind & all. ...tim

      gtvlfed <jneale@...> wrote: It's been several months since anyone's posted anything on end caps
      (or whatever we're calling those pieces that close in the ends of the
      tarp cover). Just wondering if any of you pioneers have tried, or are
      thinking about, an approach with good promise? Here on the coast we
      almost never get rain without wind so I gotta find something.

      Jim

      tim garner