Re: Space Blanket results???

  • Ray Garlington
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 17, 2006
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "danefliedner"
      <danefliedner@...> wrote:

      > ... I have heard the suggestion for the addition for space
      > blanket as extra bottom insulation, but was wondering if the space
      > blanket placed between the hammock and underquilt (like the JRB Nest)

      If you have an underquilt, the space blanket isn't worth the
      additional weight. I did have good results folding up a space blanket
      so that it was about 5 layers deep and using that inside a plastic
      bag. The plastic bag traps air and the folded space blanket helps keep
      the air stratified so that the warmer air is close to you. The
      effectiveness/cost ratio for that combination is very high.