End caps

  • gtvlfed
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 17, 2006
      It's been several months since anyone's posted anything on end caps
      (or whatever we're calling those pieces that close in the ends of the
      tarp cover). Just wondering if any of you pioneers have tried, or are
      thinking about, an approach with good promise? Here on the coast we
      almost never get rain without wind so I gotta find something.

      Jim
    • Ray Garlington
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 17, 2006
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "gtvlfed" <jneale@...> wrote:

        > It's been several months since anyone's posted anything on end caps
        > (or whatever we're calling those pieces that close in the ends of the
        > tarp cover). Just wondering if any of you pioneers have tried, or are
        > thinking about, an approach with good promise?

        Both the tarp hoods and hammock "hat"/"shirt" work individually or
        together. The tarp hoods are a little more troublesome to deal with
        during setup, but are not too bad. Look at the hammock shirt picture.
        Those silnylon caps by themselves keep out storm spray; however, you
        need a way to keep them from catching air when the wind blows from the
        opposite direction.

        http://www.garlington.biz/Ray/SilkHammock/#TarpHoods