Re: Vapor barriers and the skin

  • J.D. Hoessle
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 17, 2006
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Dick Matthews <dick@...> wrote:
      > Dave,
      > You are gonna die!!! Maybe a half century from now and the cause
      > will not be vapor barrier use.
      > I would not have participated if I know the result would be pictures
      > of > Shane in cellophane posted on the internet.
      > Get the fire extinguisher!!!! There goes rats hair.
      > I do not think there is any combination of words that will stop
      > stupid behavior.

      Dick,

      Have I mentioned that I L_O_V_E this group...?!?!?! This is far
      better than any Joke-Of-the-Day news feed! I can't wait to sign in
      each morning for the laughs - starts my day!

      Seriously.... (Can I really say that here?) At first, I "assumed"
      that my only need/use for VB's was in some sort of "emergency"
      situation. However, the more that I read here and think about it,
      VB's are most likely a way to really cut some weight. I readily admit
      that I get a little nervous going out in cold weather and carry too much.

      Next week, I will be doing 4-5 over nights on the AT in PA and the
      forecast is for a *HIGH* each day of maybe 32F. Yesterday, I
      purchased 10 big trash bags, decided that I will *NOT* pack my heavy
      fleece long johns, and test these ideas. If all else fails, I can
      keep a fire going by lighting my hair...<g>...

      I don't think that we necessarily need a bunch of disclaimers every
      time we discuss things here. Of course, plastic bags have that "Keep
      away from kids and infants crips" legal warning. "Don't try this at
      home...", etc. etc. No "combination of words that will stop stupid
      behavior" is appropriate!

      Happy Trails,

      J.D.