More on State Parks

  • Marge Prothman
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2003
      At the big PCT Kickoff last weekend at Lake Morena, CA there were some
      exhibitors including Tom Hennessy. Here is a quote from the PTC Kickoff
      letter:

      "Tom Hennessey, initially frustrated by the park's restriction against
      attaching anything to the trees, eventually rigged up two of his innovative
      hammocks, without attaching them to the trees, for the crowd to view, get
      into and marvel at."

      Incidentally Ed,at the auction held at the Kickoff, I did get the White
      Spectra pack made by Glen Van Peski. I can hardly wait for it to come. If
      you should be on the final section of the PTC, Rainey Pass WA to Manning
      Park, B.C.in early September and you see an old gal with a white pack and a
      big grin on her face, that will be me.

      Marge [The Old Gal]
      http://www.prothman.org/marge
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2003
        Message
        Marge, I'll be watching for ya!  But I hope you let me know how that pack works before then!  ...Ed

        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2003
          "Marge Prothman" wrote:

          at Lake Morena, CA there were some
          > exhibitors including Tom Hennessy. >
          > "Tom, initially frustrated by the park's restriction against
          > attaching anything to the trees, eventually rigged up two of his
          innovative
          > hammocks, without attaching them to the trees, for the crowd to
          view, get
          > into and marvel at."

          Hi Marge,

          I just did a little calculation. Looks like it is about 9.2 feet
          from one corner of my pick-up bed to the other. I'll have to check
          to find out how well a hammock will hang between the two corner
          posts... this may have uses of it's own.