winter hammock

    Message 1 of 41 , Feb 3, 2006
      i`ve been sleeping in my 2nd version of a winter hammock all most
      all year (1 month) in my bed room. it seems that the shell has
      become some what tighter/closer than it was originaly, but it dosent
      seem to be compressing the insulation really. we`ll see if the
      hammock body continues to stretch w/ use. i attached the insulation &
      shell to the hammock body by sewing all three layers together on both
      long sides. i tryed to force the insulation up under the presser foot
      as i went, to avoid streching the insulation length-wise. to do this,
      i started w/ a seperate side panel of insultion & shell for each
      side. after they where hemed together, i hung & loaded the hammock.
      then i had a side panel of insulation & shell hanging down on both
      sides.

      from there it`s a matter of joining them in the center at the
      bottom, from one end to the other (by hand). ...tim
      Message 41 of 41 , Feb 28, 2006
        marta_clark <marta_clark@...> wrote:
        aMinor mishap: When I stopped reading and turned off my headlamp, I
        started wriggling around to get comfortable on my side. I heard a
        brief slithering sound and--wham--I was on the ground and rolling
        briskly downhill. After about two revolutions, I fought my way out
        of the Pea Pod, stopped the rolling, and got up to inspect the
        hammock. It was fine. The problem was operator error--one of the
        anchor trees was quite thick and I hadn't secured the strap well
        enough. Fortunately I was only about 6 inches above the ground,
        which was well padded with dry leaves. Unfortunately, I was on a
        steep slope. It would have made a good video...

        Marta

        *** sounds like something i`d do marta. except if i was w/ some of my regular camping partners, they`d make me lay there until they took a picture or two :~} ...tim

        tim garner