Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Keeping dry

  • opnheartscrub@tampabay.rr.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2006
      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "BRIAN" <opnheartscrub@...>
      > wrote:
      > > Anyone have any ideas on why this
      > > happened?
      >
      > Did you use a smaller stitch length?

      I don't think so but maybe. Do you think I cut the strap fibers with
      the needle?

      Brian
      T-BACK
    • jwj32542
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2006
        > > Did you use a smaller stitch length?
        >
        > I don't think so but maybe. Do you think I cut the strap fibers
        with
        > the needle?

        I don't know...that's a tough one. It's possible, I guess. Was the
        webbing old enough to fail just from use or exposure to UV, and that
        just gave it a convenient place to fail?

        I'd second the recommendation to use a magnifying glass to compare it
        with the other side.

        I'm really interested in what you find out...many of us here use
        webbing like that!

        Jeff