Re: winter hammock

  • Bill in Houston
    Message 1 of 41 , Feb 1, 2006
      Do you have a place where you could hang it and put weight in it and
      leave it for about a week? That would be overkill, but it would help
      you feel assured that it was done stretching. I'm thinking a couple
      hundred pounds - more than it would get in use - just to make sure.

      Also, I agree with Jeff's idea to leave the ends of the bottom fabric
      out of the whipping, definitely.

      Bill in Houston

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "marta_clark"

      Message 41 of 41 , Feb 28, 2006
        marta_clark <marta_clark@...> wrote:
        aMinor mishap: When I stopped reading and turned off my headlamp, I
        started wriggling around to get comfortable on my side. I heard a
        brief slithering sound and--wham--I was on the ground and rolling
        briskly downhill. After about two revolutions, I fought my way out
        of the Pea Pod, stopped the rolling, and got up to inspect the
        hammock. It was fine. The problem was operator error--one of the
        anchor trees was quite thick and I hadn't secured the strap well
        enough. Fortunately I was only about 6 inches above the ground,
        which was well padded with dry leaves. Unfortunately, I was on a
        steep slope. It would have made a good video...

        Marta

        *** sounds like something i`d do marta. except if i was w/ some of my regular camping partners, they`d make me lay there until they took a picture or two :~} ...tim

        tim garner