Re: winter hammock

  • marta_clark
    Message 1 of 41 , Feb 1, 2006
      I did sew the sides in place when I made the hammock but I've been
      reluctant to sew down the ends until I'm absolutely sure I've got
      enough slack built into the system. I'm pretty sure the hammock bed
      stretched significantly Saturday night. How much use do you think
      it takes to get a hammock stretched to it final size?

      Marta

      Message 41 of 41 , Feb 28, 2006
        marta_clark <marta_clark@...> wrote:
        aMinor mishap: When I stopped reading and turned off my headlamp, I
        started wriggling around to get comfortable on my side. I heard a
        brief slithering sound and--wham--I was on the ground and rolling
        briskly downhill. After about two revolutions, I fought my way out
        of the Pea Pod, stopped the rolling, and got up to inspect the
        hammock. It was fine. The problem was operator error--one of the
        anchor trees was quite thick and I hadn't secured the strap well
        enough. Fortunately I was only about 6 inches above the ground,
        which was well padded with dry leaves. Unfortunately, I was on a
        steep slope. It would have made a good video...

        Marta

        *** sounds like something i`d do marta. except if i was w/ some of my regular camping partners, they`d make me lay there until they took a picture or two :~} ...tim

        tim garner