Re: winter hammock

  • jwj32542
    Message 1 of 41 , Jan 31, 2006
      Marta,

      Another option is to sew the bottom layer onto the hammock, across all
      four sides, so you have a rectangle of insulation and cover right
      below you. That way, the bottom layer doesn't need to reach the
      whipping, and you eliminate 2-3' of material.

      Just a thought. Still have to get the sizing and darts right, though -
      my last one was too narrow and compressed the insulation just your
      trip this time.

      Jeff
      Message 41 of 41 , Feb 28, 2006
        marta_clark <marta_clark@...> wrote:
        aMinor mishap: When I stopped reading and turned off my headlamp, I
        started wriggling around to get comfortable on my side. I heard a
        brief slithering sound and--wham--I was on the ground and rolling
        briskly downhill. After about two revolutions, I fought my way out
        of the Pea Pod, stopped the rolling, and got up to inspect the
        hammock. It was fine. The problem was operator error--one of the
        anchor trees was quite thick and I hadn't secured the strap well
        enough. Fortunately I was only about 6 inches above the ground,
        which was well padded with dry leaves. Unfortunately, I was on a
        steep slope. It would have made a good video...

        Marta

        *** sounds like something i`d do marta. except if i was w/ some of my regular camping partners, they`d make me lay there until they took a picture or two :~} ...tim

        tim garner