Re: Winter Warmth Theory

  • Bill in Houston
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 30, 2006
      I have a feeling that once you get all snuggled up in your quilt and
      pads and hats and all, that you end up losing a lot of warmth through
      your breath. So rebreathing warmer, humidified air like in a hard
      top would help with that. Plus, that warmer air would be all over
      the top of your top quilt, helping reduce the amount of heat coming
      up thru the quilt. Very similar to tent vs bivy - good analogy. Of
      course, you could easily get lots of moisture problems under the hard
      top, as others have noted.

      Bill in Houston

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Debra Weisenstein"