RE: Hammock Camping hammock in a bag (hammock bliss)

  • David Chinell
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2003
      Alan:

      I've owned one for two years and have used it about a
      half-dozen times. My measurements:

      Hammock Bliss
      Total weight: 16 oz (1 lb)
      Size flat: 4 ft 9 in x 10 ft 0 in
      Size packed: 4 x 7 in roll

      It's everything they say it is, and very comfy to boot. The
      fabric is a thin, soft, non-ripstop, nylon, and feels good.

      I do find it a little too wide for my taste -- it's quite a
      climb to get up over the sides. But that's a totally
      personal evaluation.

      I've used the hammock as a gear and lounging hammock when
      using an HH for my sleeping shelter in rainy weather. I've
      also used it on day hikes, carrying just the hammock, a
      quart of water, and some Mainstay emergency rations for a
      snack. Worked really well.

      The ropes are long enough that you don't need anything other
      than the hammock as it comes.

      I think it's a good value, but I don't use it as a main
      hammock.

      Bear