Poncho undercover

  • David Wills
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 29, 2006
      Has anyone else had luck using a poncho as a undercover to block wind?
      I found that it works well to add that extra boost of warmth that my
      back needs. I use drawstrings to make a tub shape and attach it to
      hammock lines. It works well and doesn't over tighten unless you
      mistake it for your actual hammock and end up on the ground (New Years.

      -David with no trailname
    • jwj32542
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 29, 2006
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "David Wills"
        <little_daddy979@y...> wrote:

        > It works well and doesn't over tighten unless you
        > mistake it for your actual hammock and end up on the ground

        Haha...I know about those things! Here's a blurb from my Foothills
        Trail journal...

        "Around 1a last night I got up for a pee, and when I was getting back
        into the hammock I fell flat on my back! I thought I was holding a
        layer of the underquilt and a layer of hammock, but it was actually
        both layers of the hammock, so I slid back and nothing was there to
        catch me, depositing me solidly on my ass. Skillfully, I rolled onto
        my back silent as a ninja and made sure Wendy didn't wake up. If she
        did, I was going to blame it on the wood nymphs. Little bastards."