Re: [Hammock Camping] KAQ test page updated

  • Kickass Quilts
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 27, 2006
      Thanks, Jeff!

      I've been doing too much sewing and not enough using/testing the last couple of weeks. I'm doing my best to sneak out of work early tonight to get to Shenandoah for the weekend. If I can, I'll get some testing down into the 20s. If I'm stuck here, I'll do some more testing behind my house with the hammock you sent me. Either way, it means tons of new pictures and info on the site next week.

      Thanks for testing it with the snake skins. As far as I know, those are patented, so it's not something I can sell. But it would be worth making them to figure out the optimum size for anyone who wants to make their own.

      I've been playing with knots for use with the webbing and haven't yet found anything that doesn't fold it. If anyone knows any, I'd love to see them. I found the same thing to be true - that you can just be sure the "gutter" side is down when hanging. I'm now trying to see if there's some light hardware that might work better.

      I'm curious about the fit. I've only started testing this myself, but haven't had the side gaps you mentioned. Are you snugging down the side elastics? I find that they sometimes need to be somewhat tight. Sounds like a job for pictures.

      Thanks again, Jeff. I can't wait for you to try it out in some real winter weather.

      Patrick McKenna
      http://www.KickassQuilts.com

    • jwj32542
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 27, 2006
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Kickass Quilts"
        <kickassquilts@c...> wrote:

        > I'm curious about the fit. I've only started testing this myself,
        > but haven't had the side gaps you mentioned. Are you snugging down
        > the side elastics? I find that they sometimes need to be somewhat
        > tight. Sounds like a job for pictures.

        Yes, I tried adjusting the side shockcords to various tensions. It
        definitely helped, and I like how that makes it snug up to my
        shoulders. Still had some gaps underneath the edges, though...where
        the bathtub shape made it kinda poke out some.

        Like I said, I didn't spend a whole lot of time trying to fix it this
        time, so I'll play with it more later.

        Jeff