RE: Hammock Camping Re: Cold weather sleep systems for hammocks

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 15, 2003
      Message

      Thanks David, I'll check it out....Ed

      I have something similar from New Zealand, probably from before Big
      Agnes even existed. The Neve, made by Macpac <www.macpac.co.nz>.
      One night on the AT in New York State it was a warm evening as I took
      advantage of my hammock, a Hennessy original, and set up camp on a
      steep hillside not far from a major road. The next morning things
      seemed strange, both quiet and dark. The tarp over my hammock was
      covered with snow and it was still snowing. I was nice and
      comfortable in my Macpac Neve with a foam mattess underneath. The
      system worked beautifully.
      The Neve has changed over the years, there's a lighter Pinnacle, and
      I don't know how they compare with the Big Agnes bags. But the basic
      design seems to work very well in a hammock.  --David