Winter Snow Protection - Bug Net?

  • jonas4321
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 26, 2006
      Has anyone tried using their noseeum bug net in the winter to help
      keep wind-driven snow off of you and your hammock? I am not suggesting
      doing away with the tarp, but to augment it.

      I had the chance this past weekend to test that theory, but since I
      have a bugnet "tube" and I didn't notice I forgot to put it on until
      after the hammock was hung, and by then I was too durn lazy to untie
      it to add it.

      I am also wondering if moisture from your breath would collect and
      freeze on the inside of the noseeum mesh, too.

      Thoughts? Experiences? Wild baseless theories?

      If this would work, it would save me making a bivy.

      thx
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 26, 2006
        jonas4321 wrote:
        > Has anyone tried using their noseeum bug net in the winter to help
        > keep wind-driven snow off of you and your hammock? I am not suggesting
        > doing away with the tarp, but to augment it.

        Bugnet helps a lot in the cold. It is not as good as a Travel Pod. It
        does not work well for the tiny snowflakes or pieces of snowflakes that
        get drifted in heavy wind.

        RIck