Re: [Hammock Camping] Digest Number 1159

  • Rosaleen Sullivan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 26, 2006
      Ed-

      Chatting with you and many of the fellas here reminds me of how much I miss the charm of Southern Gentlemen!

      Thanks for the compliments.

      The April campout???? That is such a tough drive back to the Boston area under a time crunch. Seashell and I dragged our sorry, wet selves to the campout on Friday last year after hiking south from Spivey Gap, about 56 or 58 miles, and left Saturday evening to begin the drive home. We brought rain, cold, and snow with us. I can't believe you would COMPLAIN that it hasn't been the same. You want more rain, cold , fog, and maybe snow???? (wink!)

      Cheers!

      Rosaleen

      From: "Ed Speer" <ed@...<mailto:ed@...>>
      Subject: SEHHA Campout 21-23Apr06

      Thanks Rosaleen. And thanks for your informative posts.

      Any chance you can make the next campout? Hasn't been quite the same
      without you since your last visit..Ed

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 27, 2006
        Yeah, the snow was fun wasn't it? Dave Womble was here this week and we
        tested some new gear in the back yard. No snow, but we did get the low 20s
        we were looking for, plus strong winds. Our April campout should be better
        weather..Ed

        Moderator, Hammock Camping List

        Editor, Hammock Camping News

        Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc