Re: [Hammock Camping] Whipping website

  • jwj32542
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 25, 2006
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, tim garner <slowhike@y...>
      wrote:

      > that`s a good illustration of whipping. now, to make sure i
      > understand your earlyer post, after whipping the end of the
      > hammock, you take a length of webbing & sew a loop at one end, then
      > run the other end of the webbing through the loop to form a loop
      > that will pull tight on the hammock & this should not be able to
      > pull past the whipping. just want to be sure i got it right
      > before i trust my poor back to it. ...thanks

      Sounds like you got it. When you set it up for the first time, you
      can put some weight on it and check the ends before you actually
      climb in. I haven't had any problems with slippage, but the type of
      material might affect this. I've used DWR nylon and untreated nylon.

      When I use Spectra instead of webbing, I hook it to the hammock in
      the same way.

      Jeff