hammock in a bag (hammock bliss)

  • halconsheat
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2003
      Hi guys

      I was wondering if anyone had any experience with hammock in a bag
      from hammock bliss.

      there ad claims the hammock to be 10x5 and has been tested at up to
      325 pounds. only weighs 16 ounces made from parachute nylon.

      thanx

      Alan
    • David Chinell
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2003
        Alan:

        I've owned one for two years and have used it about a
        half-dozen times. My measurements:

        Hammock Bliss
        Total weight: 16 oz (1 lb)
        Size flat: 4 ft 9 in x 10 ft 0 in
        Size packed: 4 x 7 in roll

        It's everything they say it is, and very comfy to boot. The
        fabric is a thin, soft, non-ripstop, nylon, and feels good.

        I do find it a little too wide for my taste -- it's quite a
        climb to get up over the sides. But that's a totally
        personal evaluation.

        I've used the hammock as a gear and lounging hammock when
        using an HH for my sleeping shelter in rainy weather. I've
        also used it on day hikes, carrying just the hammock, a
        quart of water, and some Mainstay emergency rations for a
        snack. Worked really well.

        The ropes are long enough that you don't need anything other
        than the hammock as it comes.

        I think it's a good value, but I don't use it as a main
        hammock.

        Bear