Knot's..

  • Johan van Dijk
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 2006
      Well don't know if it's the best, but for one end I use something like The
      Mooring Hitch (look at Rat's pictures in the Photo section).

      The other end I use....eeh don't know the name of it. I pull the line tight
      enough around a tree, hook into the line & tie it off with a sort of a
      hitch.

      These I learned from John Ryder, during a Woodlore Fundamentals Bushcarft
      course in 1999.

      They are 'exploding knots' I use if I don't use my treehuggers. Easy to
      tie, even my first trials with gloves. With treehuggers I used to do the
      wrapping action, might change that routine....(same action all the time
      makes it even easier....)

      And of course the taughtline hitch for the tarp guylines (again afaik, thanx
      to Rat this one is in the Photo section!), of course you can google those
      knots too.

      Grtz Johan

      mob: +31 6 44 80 82 63
      email: gonewalkabout2003@...