Re: [Hammock Camping] HH - Expedition vs. Ultralight question!

    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 25, 2006
      marta... after i re-read your 1st post, i realized that you were talking about testing the insulated hammock, not the denim...(duh). now that makes sense:~p

      marta_clark <marta_clark@...> wrote: --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "tim garner" <slowhike@y...>
      wrote:
      > i think i just brused the heel, but it`s a
      > pretty good bruise. i`m hoblin just to get around the house. i
      don`t
      > know how quickly this is going to improve, but i may not be ready to
      > hike this week-end. BTW, surely your not going to do that whole
      > loop on an overnighter are you? i couldn`t do that on my best
      > day:~} also, i was just wondering, wouldn`t that denim be likly to
      > absorb & hold water if it`s the usual cotton denim? thanks...tim

      Tim, I'm sorry to hear about your injury. I hope it heals quickly!

      I don't plan to do the whole loop, but probably a good part of it--
      depending on how early I get there Saturday morning. One of the
      things I like about the loop is that there are so many options for
      hiking from a single car.

      The denim hammock is extremely heavy and dries slowly, but it's for
      use on a screened porch only, so it never gets very wet.

      Marta

      tim garner