RE: {Spam?} [Hammock Camping] Re: another tim attack

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 25, 2006
      CEHI, please reframe from posting negative and offensive comments unrelated
      to the community spirit of our List. The community spirit I speak of is
      that set by the tone of the postings of the vast majority of the List
      members. While we encourage hammock-related input from everyone, including
      those with opposing views, your posts over the past two years have focused
      on only two things--belittling one person in particular and belittling
      everyone in general. Although you have been a member of this list since
      2003, your recent posts have added nothing on hammock gear, hammock use,
      personal hammock experience, trip reports, or anything that even suggests
      you own or use a hammock. If you find our "gossip forum" unsuitable for
      you, perhaps you should leave the List. If you have difficulty leaving the
      List, I can help...Ed

      Moderator, Hammock Camping List

      Editor, Hammock Camping News

      Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

      _____

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 25, 2006
        Dear Mr. Speer:
        Please operationally define "negative and offensive." As you know, in
        any community, online or in Reality, everyone's voice is, or should be
        valued for the variegation it gives us. Even Jesse Jackson and Al
        Sharpton's comments, for example, are allowed to be made and judged on
        their own merits--not just if they are inflammatory or not. I would
        submit to you that it not only a true crime against our community to
        call someone a dirty inflammatory word ('troll' for example) but it is
        tastless and shows a lack of breeding. My occasional questions I have
        raised in regards to the veracity and integrity of one nameless
        individual have been received not unlike Cassandra's--and I was not
        the first to do so. The majority of my posts have been focused on the
        more positive aspects of hammocking and continue to do so. If
        anything, besides remembering the wisdom of Epictetus I should recall
        the words of Paul to his disciple Titus (Titus,ch3,vs.9-11). Thank you
        for your time. Whatever your decision, I bear no malice to you and
        regard you as an honorable and good man.
        CEHI

      • opnheartscrub@tampabay.rr.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 26, 2006
          Although you have been a member of this list
          > since2003, your recent posts have added nothing on hammock gear,
          > hammock use,
          > personal hammock experience, trip reports, or anything that even
          > suggests you own or use a hammock. If you find our "gossip forum"
          > unsuitable for
          > you, perhaps you should leave the List. If you have difficulty
          > leaving the
          > List, I can help...Ed

          Thank you Ed. I was away for a few days. I was very disturbed by
          these posts. At first I thought these were some kind of joke. Thanks
          again for your appropriate response.

          Brian
          T-BACK